Laureve D. BlackstonePartner email@example.com
Laureve represents individuals, unions, and benefit and pension funds in all aspects of labor and employment law, including employee benefits law. She represents unions in negotiations, before administrative agencies, and in state and federal court litigation. A major focus of her practice is representing the Home Care Division of 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East in negotiations, new organizing, and in litigation. Laureve also advises individuals with respect to negotiating employment agreements, non‑compete and non‑disclosure agreements, severance agreements, and in connection with employee benefits matters. Laureve protects workers’ retirement and healthcare security by advising union trustees of multiemployer health and welfare and pension funds.
- Labor Law
(Hiring and Separation Agreements)
- Employee Benefits Law
- Employment Counseling
- Hiring and Separation Agreements
- Wage and Hour
Awards, Honors & Recognition
- 2022 Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for Employment Law - Individuals
- 2021, 2022 Recognized in Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment and Civil Rights Lawyers
- 2019 Distinguished Alumni Award. Brooklyn Law School Labor and Employment Law Association.
- 2006-2008 Law Clerk, Staff Attorneys' Office, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Law School Honors
- Undergraduate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholar, NYU
Brooklyn Law School, J.D.,
- New York University B.A., magna cum laude, Gallatin School of Individualized Study, concentrations in Cultural Anthropology and Religious Studies
- New York
- New Jersey
- Speaker, 2020, ABA 14th Annual Labor and Employment Law Conference: Foundations and Essentials, Ethical Obligations in the Digital Age
- Speaker, 2019, ABA Section of Labor & Employment Law, Employee Benefits Committee Midwinter Meeting, Panel on Multiemployer Plans: Current Pension Plan Issues: Legislation and Agency Guidance, Nashville, TN
- Speaker, 2018, ABA Section of Labor & Employment Law, Employee Benefits Committee Midwinter Meeting, Panel on Multiemployer Plans: Current Pension and Welfare Plan Legislation and Agency Guidance and DOL Issues, Clearwater, FL
- ABA Section of Labor & Employment Law, Employee Benefits Committee, Subcommittee on Jointly Administered Plans, Union Co-Chair (2017-present)
- Contributing Author, Employee Benefits Law, 4th ed.